12.8.07

Work is kind of Gay.

People who work sitting down get paid more than those who work standing up.

-
Ogden Nash

I work for a multi million dollar company, for more than one reason of course.

They let me work twenty hours a week while going to school full time and they pay more than anyone else within two-hundred miles for my skill set.

But this Broadcasting company happens to be my areas gay Mecca.

Partner benefits and the whole lot.

That being said, I should be more than comfortable within my own natural habitat.

Which as a side thought would be wonderful, being around like minded individuals and having a very liberal and safe environment.

That it should be anything but uncomfortable, a sort of 'harbor from the storm' if you will when it comes to employment in B-town.

Its not, for two reasons.

1.) I'm the sort of gay man that likes to keep his professional life and private life separate, not really the type (unless asked) to divulge information about who I may or may not be dating at one time or another. Or if that person happened to be a guy.

Which in my case...it always has been.

2.) Then there is that moment when other like minded individual playing for the same team acquire knowledge of your sexual preference and automatically think because you share one personality trait that you'll be buddies because of that trait (i.e "Your gay! I am too! Lets be friends!").

I suppose its not all bad, I just don't really fit the mold I think.

But alas, I can solve all of your television needs!

8 comments:

Tina said...

Hi!

Yondalla sent me too! :)
I really like your blog so far and I look forward to reading more from you.

/Tina

Jo said...

Hi! Yondalla sent me over. Very interesting and I look forward to reading more.

Deb Cohler said...

I am over here via Yondalla.
Your blog looks great so far.
Happy blogging, and good luck with the start of school.

Amanda said...

Yep, you guessed it, here by Yondalla's blog. Look forward to hearing more and hope you enjoy blogging!

squeak said...

Love the title of your blog. Although I always thought of him more as depressed then paranoid.

Stacie Guesswork (aka Mrs Butter B) said...

I'm a Yondalla referral too. Excellent blog- very well written so far. I used to work for mci in a call center- I only had 1 boss that wasn't gay. They used to call me the token straight girl, but I had a blast. It was a very laidback atmosphere, except when coworkers broke up- then it was chaos.

Kudos to you for keeping business & private life separate. Very prudent!

Daisy Deadhead said...

Your auntie says hello! :) Yes, me too!

My blog entry today is about "bisexual invisibility", so you might find it interesting, too.

Just be yourself.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.


View My Stats