12.8.07

The Scoop...or most of it.

So I've been informed by, well informed sources that sometimes giving a little background on myself is important.

I'm an almost twenty year old gay college student.

I come from a small related family, but a large extended family. I have two half sisters (Jill who is fifteen years old, and Jasmine who is four years old) and two half brothers (Sam who is twenty-two, and Robert who is twenty-four) Oh, did I mention that Sam is gay?

My mom lives in a nearby city and works full-time. Shes nice i promise.

My extended family consist of My aunt and uncle (You might know Yandalla) and more cousins then I sometimes can count (Carl, Brian, David, Andrew, Myself, and the newest addition Frankie).

I spent a fair amount of my childhood in foster care. I did the usual twelve home bounce before being put in an all boys local reform house. Of course being completely reformed I moved back in with my mother.

After doing a few boxing rounds with my mom's boyfriend at seventeen (because my male masculinity clashed with his idea of how a gay guy was suppose to act. *sigh), shortly after I was put into a shelter home. With the age of eighteen looming nearby, I scored a spot with a local program that would allow me to finish high school without being completely emancipated and on my own.

Which should I mention I was completely O.K. with? Nothing really new about being self sufficient, but I have an idea of what it costs to be on ones own, I thought otherwise. At which point I was introduced to local gay-friendly household.

Ahhh how nostalgic...

Ran through high school, with a few hang-ups but none the less, graduated a well respected member of society.

I got into a decently respected state school, rather I applied and was accepted but never registered, Then moved to Scotland to keep my options open.

Worked for a Non-profit organization while in Scotland and traveled Europe on my own dime, then my trip was cut short by a very nice Englishman that decided to give me Glandular fever( In Yankeeland its called Mononucleosis). Sleeping fifteen hours a day is a pretty interesting experience.

Returned to the welcoming arms of my aunt, and moved in with my grandmother.

It was a magical experience.

Moved back in with Yandalla and finished acquiring a scholarship that would get me through school into my career debt free.

You'd think the whole experience would be stress free, getting into college is suppose to be one alcohol induced blur. Or is that after I move into the dorms? *grins*

I'm kidding.

I also forgot to mention, I got a on-campus internship with &*$%(#$%@. Think the biggest PC operating systems producer on the planet. I don't get paid enough to endorse them yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found you through Yondalla's blog:-) Glad to see you are doing well!!


View My Stats