16.8.07

Scheduling Issues.

I had a slight meltdown at work.

Now just a little side note about myself.

I like things in order, moreover I like things that I have control over or am responsible for to be in order. It may have something to do with why I’m so good at following deadlines and meeting expected schedules set before me.

It also makes me seem a bit on the obsessive compulsive side of the personality spectrum.

Back to my story, I’m sitting at my computer at work and I pull up my 3-week schedule up and notice something is a little out of place.

As work places go, the one I work at is very professional. Very structured so as you always know who you need to talk too in regards to whatever issue you may need to resolve.

I like that, matches my personality, you always know exactly what you need to do.

Back to my 3-week schedule, the ‘part-time’ status I applied for about a month ago, which is suppose to kick in as of the 18th it had yet to come into effect.

I remember the look the lady in our HR department gave me when I turned in my paperwork earlier than anyone else.

I shrugged, it’s just how I go about things, rather be early then late.

So with an anxious look on my face I went to my team leader, brought to her attention the fact it had yet to show up.

‘Oh that’s interesting’ she says.

We all know at our Workplace you pretty much live and you die by the schedule.

R.E.M (Resource Enterprise Management) is pretty much the slave driver at work.

It’s not as bad as it seems, the guy that works in the resource management is my age. He sits in a room that overlooks the atrium and spends his time watching TV and monitoring stats.

That being beside the point, I was worried.

As I get more worried about how no one, including upper-management has yet returned my email requesting that they either verify by email or verbally that my schedule will be resolved.

I get nothing. My boss says ‘don’t worry’ someone will reply by Friday.

That doesn’t really fit into my schedule I think to myself.

My partner-in-crime chimes in “OCD much?”

‘Constantly’ I reply.

Served me well up until this point though, I sometimes think it may be sheering years off my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the OCD trip. Haha. My anal retentiveness and perfectionism goad comments from a woman who refuses to read paperback books with creased bindings.


View My Stats