4.11.07

An authority an golly' I didn't know it.

So as you all know I'm not dead, but in college.


Which sometimes with a combination of Work and School it feels something near to it.


To give my relationship options at this point a moment in the spot light – I'm currently not seeing anyone. Skate Board guy was however great and fun, was at best completely unpredictable like well any other sixteen year old would be, and for the record Yes it was for the best for me not to be messing around with someone that could possiably get me in a lot of trouble. An I sometimes look and find he was into me because I was built ex-football player, not just because I'm a genuinely nice guy.


In addition to being unpredictable he was very expensive financially.


Now onto the banker – he is someone a little more in my range, financially stable...nice etc. etc.


I don't think thats what I'm looking forward to at the moment.


I think I mentioned in a earlier post that sometimes I feel like people feel bad about being alone because they are told that the only way to be happy or 'whole' is to have someone attached at your hip at all points.


Not to say relationships aren't important, its just not something I'm ready to deal with at this point in my life.


I might at a later time of course try to fill you folks in on whats been going on in the last 2 months...or 3 months at some point.


____________


Oh I should mention I'm becoming somewhat of a hot item in the speaking department for our local government child-welfare organizations.


Its all very overwhelming to be an authority on something you had no idea you were an authority on.


But its somewhat satisfying, after having a conversation with my aunt about how she was slightly put off at our last panel speaking opportunity because she felt that she and my uncle were asked around to get me to come and speak. An how afterwards I said something to the effect 'I'm willing to help in any way I can for the community' I got around 4 calls that evening about that one comment.


People wanted to PAY me!


Which I'm not interested in because I don't think its right to take money for something like that...but gosh..

4 comments:

Yondalla said...

"Slightly put off"...hmm...how about "childishly pouty"? Not to be wanted for myself but only as an adddition to my nephew. (Visualize dramatic sigh with back of hand pressed against forehead).

No...I'm proud of you sweetie. They want you to speak because you are GOOD. Speaking eloquently and from the heart is not something that everyone can do. It is a skill, and it is something for which you should be paid. Take the money.

Just don't let you speaking career get in the way of school.

Thus says auntie...

FosterAbba said...

Take the money. You'll need it for school. Do it because your auntie said so.

Marvin the Paranoid Android said...

lol I have a job! I make enough money to do Basically everything I want to be doing at this point - plus there is a reason I feel bad about being approached as 'I'd really love you to attend the conference you'd be a wonderful addition...So I'll get the paperwork filled out for you to get the 100.00 bucks we offered you'

One time I swear I turn down money and everyone thinks its an awful idea.

Aunt Yondalla I'm going back to my plan of being a Mob boss like Tony Soprano.

Amanda said...

you should totally come back to blogging. You rock-I read the whole blog in one sitting and you are hilarious, smart, and a great writer with a unique take on the world!


View My Stats