29.11.07

La vie continue.

It is possiable to store the mind with a million facts and still be entirely uneducated.

Alec Bourne

________

So my blog has taken a current dive in terms of staying on track and has become something that is currently a bit unexpected.

Unexpected is good.

I find unexpected to be enthralling.

Plus it bothers me less to know that even if I write about my championship boxing match at a grocery store parking lot, that all of you wonderful readers out there in the ether find it interesting enough to comment.

Which I appreciate.

Moving on -

I'll have you all know that I currently changed my major.

*gasp

I can feel my future bank account decreasing by a few zeros as we speak.

Back to my point - I've changed my major, I'm going into social work.

*gasp

I find that its something I could potentially become very good at, plus its a industry with a soul.

I would major in Social work and minor in multi ethnic studies.

Now I know what you're thinking.

Or

I have no idea what you're thinking but the point is I've changed my major.

Now I have no idea where this choice will lead me, all I know is that it'll lead me away from my starting wage of 60k.

But I think there is less to life than how big your salary may or may not be.

Now this choice may go against my capitalistic ideals....my grandiose' idea of driving my shiny new BMW as a single gay man.

But I realize the possibilities are endless in terms of what you can do as long as you don't have children.

I'm joking.

Either way - who wouldn't feel safe having a case worker who is a battle hardened foster alumni?

Rawr.

4 comments:

Mary said...

The sign of maturity: pursuing something with depth and meaning to you instead of chasing the dollar. Awesome.

Stacie Guesswork (aka Mrs Butter B) said...

Actually, it sounds fantastic. I'd much rather know my kids were picking a career they were passionate about, that they truly felt in their hearts, than just something to fund their retirement account.

Heck, you can always get a great Beamer on auction from post major cities. Good ole drug seizures, yeah. No kidding. My 17 yr old cousin is driving one her Daddy bought her (consolation prize for being a MIA deadbeat for 16 yrs LOL) at auction for a fraction of normal retail price.

Its great to hang on to your dreams, but even better to have your dreams mature with your soul.

Will it involve taking extra classes or are you still doing the core curriculum at this point?

Deb Cohler said...

Congratulations on following your heart.
Bravo!

wen said...

that's great! part of college is about figuring out what you would like to try when you graduate. (and if you hate that, you can try something else. it's true.) actually, i have a doctorate in a field i don't work in. the skills are pretty much transferable. :)


View My Stats