3.9.07

Suite mates and the Banker Boyfriend.

So, as it goes I am a reasonably romantic person.


Which is surprising for a few reasons. Not really having very good role models growing up in that department left me a little dazed I think, add on the fact that I'm a gay man makes it a little more complicated then one would expect.


I think a majority of what you think or know as 'romance' is taken from your parents example. Not really surprising because you take many of the things you know relationship wise from your parents...I could be wrong but I do think that line of thought is correct.


Really a pretty small personality trait, but somewhat important I hear.


Back to my point,


I have a boyfriend (crazy right?)


I also work and go to school. Being with someone can take a back seat sometimes. Which it has at this point, I can't be a successful student and be a fantastic partner. Its rough. But Andy understands and knows that my school comes first, but he is not any less important to me.


Andy is a great guy, which is hard to come by here in the gay wasteland. Works at a local bank, wears a suit and plans on going places.


So I took Andy to an expensive restaurant (funded by a recent relatives visit, but of course he doesn't know that) and a movie which both turned out really well.


Yay for brownie points.


Then he wanted to go back to my dorm and meet my suite mates.


I decided a little while back that I was going to take coming out here very slowly because I have to live with these same three guys for nine months, I'd really like them to know me as who I am instead of 'the gay guy' which is very easily done.


So I made up an excuse, it worked, I was off the hook.


It might only work one or two other times, then I'll have to explain the real reason.


Its not really lying if its said to keep the other person from being hurt right?


All for the greater good.

No comments:


View My Stats